A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A fellow traveler

One of the many Dutch quilt artists I follow is a woman named Nienke. I read her blog daily and noticed she was working on a quilt as she followed our blog. These are some of he blocks she has been working on and this is what she made with it. Beautiful colors and patterns. Her blog is worth checking out.
p.s. Use the Google translator on the right of her blog

3 comments:

  1. I had just sent an email to Nienke to ask her if it was okay to link to her blog. You beat me to posting about it. Great minds think alike! I love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Her work is amazing especially that Venice piece from the past few weeks. On my blog I link to her and 3 other Dutch art quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nienke is a lovely woman who likes to share what she is doing. Always enthustiastic. Hope you will read mine blog as well (link on Nienke's blog). Although I haven't shown much on quilting lately, because my recent quilts are waiting for quiltfestivals. Hope to see you all!
    gr. Marjolijn

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.