A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A brief flash back to painting with thickened dye

I was browsing my blog list today and came across a couple of posts by Constance Rose on painting with thickened dye.  They are **MY** type of painting, meaning just color on fabric.  I thought you might enjoy checking them out if you have not already seen them.

Painting with Dye 1 and Painting with Dye 2

Judith

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links, Judith! I follow Connie regularly, but it's always good to go back and revisit. I like the point she was making about adding another layer if you don't like what you get... that, to me, is the essence of Complex Cloth, to build visual interest through the use of multiple techniques. And thickened dyes are an integral part of so many of those techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.