A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Optical illusion in textiles

Happy easterdays for those of you who celebrate this.
It's april and I thought it might be a good idea to get the dyepots out again and see if we can experiment with some new techniques.
What I would like to share with all of you is the process of this 3D textilepiece with a slight optical illusion like a paintsplash hitting the fabric:

 

It's always difficult to get some depth in a picture, so let's try it from this corner to give you an idea:

 
In the next few days, I will describe the process for making this project. Please gather your white fabric, procion MX dyes, some marbles, and a painter's canvas. Tomorrow the fun will start!

7 comments:

  1. Interesting idea! Wonderful work!
    Carmina
    Romania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nienke,
    I'm always looking for ways to use my dyed fabric, so I look forward to your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous -- I'm looking forward to this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to get started! This is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I was so lucky to see this work in real. And guess what? It is even more beautiful!
    gr. Marjolijn

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.