A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Shibori Folding - no 16


We tend to fold everything in equal parts but often it is much more interesting to fold in unequal parts. Like this one. Fold in halves, remaining part fold in halves, again remaining in halves etc.




 
Well, what did I tell you? I LOVE this piece! Will look for a big, big plate of this material....

2 comments:

  1. I love this series! Thanks for doing a day by day shibori folding with really neat stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series as well, and what IS the plate of you're clamping with? I can't find it in my hardware store!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.