A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

July Helper Update

 Laura McGrath is going to be a "helper" in July, and here is a brief intro:

Hi all!  I was one of the original artists on the Fire blog back when it started in January 2011.  My current fabric obsessions include creating arashi shibori, batik using beeswax (the old-fashioned way), and working through some low water immersion techniques when the weather isn't too cold.  Since I still work full-time, I have to cram all my fun surface design stuff into the weekend.  I've participated in one round robin before, and it was a great experience, and I just know this one will be fun, too.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey, am I the only one who is going to be a helper for Judy in July??

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.