A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Tape Resist

I've done tape resists and I've done tape resists, but this last one I did was really cool. I usually take a strip of tape and tear it jaggedly down the length to give me some interesting edges.




This time I decided to try something really different and it turned out much easier to set up on the screen.

I took out blue painters tape twice the length of my screen and taped it to my cutting mat.


I cut three long wavy lines with an X-acto knife then cut the length in half giving me 6 pieces to work with on the screen.

 



Absolutely love this and I could place the strips of tape very close together giving me thin lines of color.


Turquoise and chartreuse dye, YUM!


11 comments:

  1. Wow how very nice is that, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 'em both, and have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very doable! I think they are both great but especially I am drawn to the curves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great and simple designs! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I REALLY love the results of your experiment with the tape and "slivers" of tape. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love reading these posts, you've inspired me so much, thanks to all of you who post here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, love this one! Such a great idea to lay the tape down and cut however you want with a rotary cutter. I planned to experiment with screen printing this month, with the goal of finding designs usable for printing cloth napkins. I think I'll wait until January, so I have the benefit first of all your posts this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is wonderful. Will definitely be trying this.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.