A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, December 5, 2016

Four techniques for four weeks


Hi! I am Beth Berman and I will be showing four different techniques during December. I tried to think of something interesting but if nothing else, it will be colorful.

I'd like to start with machine needle felting. Today I will show you the materials I will be using.



This is a small piece of 100% wool quilt batting. I dyed it with acid dyes


Now you will really hate me. I bought over 50 balls of roving plus a bag of silk roving from a woman in Florida for about $50.00. I know.


These are the bags that I will be using. The silk roving is in the lower left bag.


I used both the fuzzy fibers as well as the curly ones.


I felted with Sari yarn and ended up breaking a needle. I decided to couch it after that


This some really beautiful limey olive roving.

Tomorrow I will talk about the process.

2 comments:

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.